Dynamic instrument microphone provides high gain before feedback in demanding environments. It features a steel mesh grille for durability, shock mount to minimize transmission of unwanted noise, and a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio.
It’s a premium instrument mic ideally suited for the professional musician looking to mic up many types of amplified and acoustic instruments such as guitar amps, acoustic guitar, saxophone, snare drum and brass. It can also be used by vocal artists. The Beta 57A has the quality and ruggedness to be used both on stage and in the studio.
It has a tailored frequency response provides warmth and presence and maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain-before-feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off–axis tone coloration. The hardened steel mesh grille facilitates use of proximity effect as well as resisisting wear and abuse.
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 16,000 Hz
Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
Output Level (at 1,000 Hz):
Open Circuit Voltage -51 dBV/Pa* (2.8 mV)
*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z.
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type).
Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille.
Adjustable Stand Adapter:
Slip-in, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8"-27 thread.
275 grams (9.6 oz)