SOLAR 50 is the unique analogue performance oriented electronic music instrument that is designed for creating movie soundtrack, atmospheric sound, microtonal music, background music and super polyphonic electro symphonies. Variations of sound you can create with «SOLAR 50» are really great. Solar 50 is inspired by early electronic musical developments of the last century, particularly Leo Theremin's instrument called “Harmonium” and other weird Soviet synths like ANS.
SOLAR 50 consists of 10 voices, each voice has its own volume. All voices are divided into groups of 5 units for the right side and for the left side and mixed by the MAIN MIXER where the Knob 01-05 sets the volume of 5 left voices and the knob 06-10 sets the volume of 5 right voices. Also, there are external audio input and volume PIEZZO knobs on the MAIN MIXER. All audio signals go to a 12 dB analog filter from POLYVOX synthesizer, which is controlled by voltage. From the filter, audio signals enter the effector (with cartridges) which is controlled by CV as well - the same circuit is used in ELTA music CONSOLE pedal. Here, the BLEND knob sets the effect level. The VOLUME knob sets the overall volume WET OUT. To process a pure voice signal by external effects, there are DRY OUT L and DRY OUT R which are clean outputs for both groups of voices. When being used, these outputs are dropped out from the general mixer and no longer go to the filter and to the effector. Then you can return one of the processed channels to EXT AUDIO input so you can create stereo sounds. In this case the contact microphone inside the keyboard always goes to the filter and to the effector by default. It also controls the ENVELOPE follower / Gate detector, or you can choose to connect an external microphone, electro-musical instrument or guitar.
No midi, no presets, no volt-octave. Only experimental, sensitive approach and spontaneous sounding.
- 10-voice analog synthesizer sporting a total of 50 sawtooth oscillators
- 10 touch plates
- External audio input
- Hi-Z input
- Circular piezo element in between two touch plate groups
- 2 Triangular touch plate gate outputs
- Each voice has a globular photoresistor that modulates the pitch
- AR envelope generator per voice, with CV input and output
- 2x LFOs
- Each voice has an overall pitch detuner that introduces FM between the 5 oscillators
- Each oscillator has its own tuning knob
- 12dB analog filter inspired by Polivoks synthesizers
- Cartridge-based effects section (12 included)
- 3 effects parameters open to control voltage manipulation
- 2 Dry outputs, Left and Right, are for the respective touch plates allowing for stereo operation
- Independent Wet output
- Headphone output
- Built-in envelope follower for piezo, external input, or Hi-Z input